Sunday, May 1, 2011

BE PREPARED !

I am so happy to share with you a fabulous book called:  The First-Aid Companion for Dogs and Cats  which includes a  First-Aid Symptom Finder.  Their are over 150 everyday common accidents and emergencies to select from.  Instructions are easy-to-follow.  Illustrations are clinically proven techniques.

My recent use of this well-informed book was for my dog, Francesca le Bon Bon.    I observed her "scooting" or dragging her rear-end.  I thought, gosh! my dog is so brilliant to clean herself after poo pooing!  Nope!   This behavior is a symptom of clogged anal glands which require pressing-out secretions manually.  Yes, a smelly project.  The book's Symptom Finder guided me to Anal Gland Impaction, a section that initially teaches you what to do now, and what to do later.  The instructions were to "take a firm grip" and to be prepared for a distinctive odor released when squeezing the anal gland.  It teaches to look for tell tale signs of infection, such as redness, discoloration, reactions of pain, fever, or loss of appetite.  I discovered NO infection.  A good thing.  The result was learned that my dog's "scooting" on her rear-end, was an effort to open-up the impaction.  So...after all, Francesca le Bon Bon is brilliant!  She helped herself naturally.  I ended-up applying-on some ointment to relieve any discomfort.  In addition, gave her some loving hugs, and soft sweet talk.  This fast way of attempting to help my dog soon, was more comforting at home, and discovered no infection, and did NOT have to contend with Veterinarian appointments or cost!
Oops I may need to scoot . . . 



This book also has a section on Human Medicines That work For Pets.  This valuable information works great because most of the listed medicines people normally keep as "staples," therefore the availability factor is convenience.  Furthermore, RARELY do people have pet medications on-hand.  This human medicine usage on pets, teaches what dosage to use.  After all, dogs should never get the same dosage as humans, as they are smaller creatures!

I am so impressed at the ease and convenience this informed book provides me with.  So, I contacted the Author, Amy Shojai, from England.  In our communications, we discussed a number of dog issues, and I have ever since, respected her assistance, knowledge, and love for all animals.

I highly RECOMMEND this book to all dog and cat owners.  It is just a "click" away from ordering right on my blog website.  In fact, it cost so much less, than an office visit to your Veterinarian.  Order it...you will be happy, and so will your dogs!              
          


   
Thank you Mommy !
            


  
           

No comments:

Post a Comment